Sunday, June 28, 2009

First Trip to the Zoo!

June 9th, 2009

I took the day off for my birthday! Beth and I planned on taking Caitlyn to the zoo. Jared decided he didn't want to miss this, so he took the day off too and we made it a family day! Caitlyn really didn't get what was happening. She wasn't too interested in seeing the animals.




She really didn't like petting the goats in the petting zoo. She's not much of a texture feeling baby!



She was way more interested in people watching. It was a little chilly out for a June summer day. I can't remember the last time it was cold on my birthday! We also got rained on a little bit. Luckily we got to see most of the outside stuff before the rain started. Once it started raining we went to the Rainforest Cafe for lunch. Then we did inside stuff for the next couple of hours. Her first trip to the zoo was definitely more for the adults! But it was a fun day.
She fell asleep within minutes of getting into the car. But woke up once we were home and decided that napping was for the birds! So she only had a 20 minute nap all day! Aunt Beth and Uncle Josh watched her that night while Jared and I went out for drinks with Colleen and then to dinner. Beth said she fell asleep in the highchair and went right to sleep when she laid her down. My little angel!
On a side note: Jared bought me a ring for my birthday. It has 2 heart stones with my and Caitlyn's birthstones. He called it a hand-me-down ring. Someday I'll give it to Caitlyn - maybe for her 16th birthday! God I can't believe I just said that....the time moves quickly enough as it is!



No comments: