Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Kindergarten Round Up

My big girl!  I can’t believe she’s going to start Kindergarten this year. 

 
She turned 5 September 2013 and she is so ready.  Last summer we contemplated having her tested into Kindergarten because she fell into the old age range before Nebraska changed their age cut off.  We went to the parent meeting but ultimately decided that it wasn’t worth it.  Testing in was an IQ test and they were looking for the gifted children that would skip a grade anyway.  The year before they had tested over 30 children and not one had passed to get in early.  I fully believe she was ready academically but socially and emotionally I think she’s really benefited from waiting another year.  Everyone we discussed this with at the time stated the same sentiment. 
 
 

Now here we are.  A couple of weeks ago she went to Kindergarten round up.  She was so excited.  She had a little bit of nerves in the car that lasted about 60 seconds and she was off.  We walked in and they weren’t quite ready for sign in’s yet.  Caitlyn was trying to push me out the door! 
 
 

She was so excited when I picked her up.  They gave them all a book and she couldn’t get over that she got to take this book home and keep it.  She didn’t have to bring it back.  Over the moon excited! 
 
 

She’s now asking me constantly when she gets to go to Kindergarten.  She loves her friends at pre-k but she’s so over nap/quiet time.  After her pre-k graduation this week she’ll get to move up with the school age kids…I hope this helps a little bit.  They take more field trips over the summer as well with the older kids. 

I just want to cherish this time with her.  I’m really working on being in the moment with her (and Cole) and trying to be more of a yes mom.  They are only young once and I want them to have great memories of their childhood and their time with Jared and I! 

No comments: