Sunday, January 11, 2009

Caitlyn @ 13 Weeks

I wrote this post at work last month and forgot to post it...

The colic is gone! Hallelujah!!! I have a happy go lucky baby now. She does get crabby when she's tired - but what baby doesn't do this? She's still sleeping through the night and most mornings I have to wake her now. I think I need to start putting her to bed earlier, but I want to spend as much time with her as possible now that I've started back to work. I think I'm going to try to transition her to her room in her crib the weekend of New Years. I'm still swaddling her at night and I know this helps the sleeping through the night with her. I'm worried about when she outgrows her swaddle blanket...

Milestone's
My little girl rolled over last night (12/16/07)! I said it in my last post...she hates tummy time. Last night she figured out how to roll from her tummy to her back! She did it for me once and then did it again for daddy. The look of surprise on her face was priceless! She's also doing much more with her hands. She'll grab at toys, try to hold the bottle when daddy is feeding her & stick her whole fist in her mouth! Sometimes she trys to stick both fists in her mouth at the same time! It also looks like maybe we have an early teether on our hands. She's always chewing on her thumb or fists, she's drooling like crazy and I see a little white thing on her bottom gum. It doesn't seem to be bothering her yet though as she's not fussy due to teething yet. This girl loves the tv! Every time we take her out to a restaurant she finds the tv and is transfixed! It's crazy how quickly she can find it wherever we are. We also let her watch Baby Einstein videos at home - she loves them! All the colors and the music!

Still breastfeeding - the pumping at work is going okay. We've had to supplement a bottle of formula here and there - whatever works. I'm still not ready to give it up!

I can't believe she's 3 months already and Christmas is only a week away! Time is just flying by!

No comments: