Sunday, November 23, 2008

Caitlyn @ 10 Weeks

She's getting so big and growing so fast it makes me happy and sad at the same time! We took her to her 2 month appt last Monday (Nov 17th). She weighed 11 lbs 7 oz (75th percentile) and is 23 in (50th percentile). She has really bad reflux issues. We had her taking Zantac, but it didn't seem to be making a difference so the pedi switched her to Prevacid. I think it's making a little bit of difference but she still spits up all the time. It doesn't seem to bother her most of the time it's just a huge mess. We keep a bib on her constantly because it's easier to change that then her clothes all the time. She got 3 shots and an oral vaccine while we were there. That was heart breaking. Since I'm still breastfeeding they let me feed her right after the shots and that seems to calm her down pretty quickly.

Milestones:
She's smiling more and more and starting to giggle a little bit too. I love talking to her because she's starting to respond back. When I say hi to her she trys to mimic the sound and say hi back. It's so precious!!! At 9 weeks she finally figured out how to keep her thumb in her mouth! So she's a little better about self soothing. She's still colicy at night but much better during the day. And even though she's colicy at night once we start her bedtime routine she's a happy baby and goes to bed pretty easily and is sleeping through until 5 or later in the morning! For bed time routine we do a bath, I feed her and swaddle her and put her down. Sometimes she'll cry when I lay her down but it never lasts more than 5 min and she's usually out! She'll also stay in her swing for more than 5 min now. She hates tummy time so we don't try that much anymore. She's holding her head up on her own now which is so much better. We can sit her on our laps and play with her. She loves being naked! When I'm dressing her in the morning I take her clothes off and let her lay there as long as she wants naked. She's so happy during this time! I need to write these things down as they happen...I feel like I'm forgetting things!

I go back to work in less than 2 weeks. I'm so sad. I've cried a few times and tried to convince Jared I should stay home. If it wasn't for health insurance I'd be able too...it totally sucks! But I've got to do what I need to for our family. We got into the daycare that we wanted which is by my work so I can go see and feed her over my lunch hour. I'm hoping to continue breastfeeding after I go back to work...we'll see how pumping at work goes. I never expected to enjoy bfing so much. I can't imagine not doing it...it's our bonding time!

Pictures of Caitlyn to follow....

No comments: