Monday, January 19, 2009

4 Month Stats

Where has the time gone??? I can't believe she's 4 months already. We had her 4 month well visit today with the pediatrician. She now weighs 13lb 14oz (50th percentile), she's 25 1/2 inches long (90th percentile) and her head circumference is 16 1/4 (50th percentile). Dr. W says she's doing great! She's meeting all her milestones and her physical exam was perfect! She had to have 3 shots and an oral vaccination today. Poor baby...she's now sleeping it off! The pediatrician said we could start cereal any time. She did say that if she's sleeping through the night that we could wait a little longer, that any time between 4 and 6 months will be fine. So I think we're going to wait a little longer. She still seems totally satisfied with breast milk and nursing!

We started her at daycare the beginning of January after letting Barb (Jared's mom) watch her for the month of December. She didn't start the transition off very well. She refused to take her bottles from the teachers at the daycare the first week. Good thing I was able to go and feed her at lunch time. By Thursday that week she was taking them better and now she's doing great again!

She's found her voice and talking like crazy! It's so fun to listen to her talk and babble at us. The other day I was putting her in her car seat and she honestly sounded like she was tell me off! It was the funniest thing! She's also learning how to laugh and giggle - it just melts my heart!

She's been sleeping in her crib in the nursery since the first of the year and she made the transition very easily. I stopped swaddling her at the same time that we moved her and she's still sleeping through the night! Such a big girl! I still get up at least once during the night and go in to check on her. I just can't help myself!

More funny stories to come!

No comments: