Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fred Flintstone's Feet & 37 Week Appt

I didn't come up with this term on my own...but that is exactly what my feet look like when they are swollen! At first the swelling didn't bother me so much because I couldn't feel it. But now my feet are sore because they swell throughout the day and then go down at night. It's really taking a toll on my poor little feet. Sometimes they go all the way down at night while I'm sleeping and other times I wake up and they are still slightly swollen. It really depends on how hot and humid it is outside. I wish it would just cool down and stay cool...this would make me very happy for several reasons. Then I could walk at night with the dog. And everyone else wouldn't think I'm crazy when they are freezing in the air conditioning and I'm still sweating. Jared sleeps with 2 blankets and a sheet while I sleep with barely the sheet draped over me and the fan going! Plus the swelling wouldn't be as bad and maybe my feet and fingers wouldn't hurt near as much.

I'm also dealing with extreme pelvic pain, whenever I sit or lay down for too long. This is a huge problem while sleeping at night. I'm getting up about every hour to hour and a half to go to the bathroom and it is extremely painful to get in and out of bed. It's a good thing Jared is such a sound sleeper - so he doesn't wake up every time with my whining and moaning! I know this will all be over very soon and as soon as I see our little girl I'll forget all the pain that this 3rd trimester has brought to me. I can't wait for that day to be here!!! I try to picture what she looks like and dream about holding her and taking her home. That time is almost here!

Nothing much happened at my 37 week appt. I did have another internal exam and I'm still not dilating. He stated that my cervix is starting to soften and that I'm about 50% effaced. So a little more progress than last week...but not much. It was a very short appt. In and out in 15 min! Next appt is on Monday the 25th.

Counting down...only 2 1/2 weeks to go if she comes on time!

No comments: