Tuesday, August 26, 2008

38 Week Appt

My appt yesterday was not a very good one. My blood pressure was really high. I think it was 179 over 142. The nurse took it twice, then had me lay on my left side for a few min and took it again. It went down a little bit when I laid down. So the Dr. wants me to go back on Friday morning for just a bp check to see how I'm doing. My bp was a little high at my 37 week appt - but the Dr. didn't seem concerned at that point. This week was quite a bit higher. Still nothing going on down below. Still not dilated at all and still about 50% effaced. If she doesn't come out on her own by Sept 15th we'll be induced that day. Hopefully it doesn't come to that...I really want her to come on her own! If my bp stays high they may induce me earlier. So we're just waiting....

I'm training my replacement at work and she's picking up really quick! I'm so thankful that she has some background. It makes the training so much easier!


We did a maternity photo shoot tonight. It was a lot of fun! Some of the poses and outfits she had me do I wasn't prepared for, but I kept an open mind and figure I don't have to share anything that I don't want to! I can't wait to see them. She said it would be a couple of weeks before she sent me the link.
I'll update again after my next appt.

No comments: