Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Daddy's Song Writing

So today I found something that Jared had written in an old notebook.  I asked him what it was and he said he wrote it one night during Caitlyn's colic days.  We used to sing to her to try and get her to stop crying.  I thought this was so sweet....

Because she always takes care of me
When I'm sick, hungry and tired, she loves me
My mommy loves me with all of her big heart
She lets me play in the bath tub with my ducky
She makes me laugh when she blows in my face and
holds me in the air

He never finished it.  Then he drew hearts all over the bottom of the page.  Sleep deprivation will do funny things to a person!  The thing is that usually he was the one that would get her to calm down and to sleep.  She would fall asleep on his legs for periods of time longer than any other place during those days and nights.  I am so happy we are past that and we now have the happiest little girl! 

No comments: