Monday, March 9, 2009

Scary Mommy Moment and 6 Month Stats

Someday maybe I'll get my act together and get on to post about these stories the day they happen...maybe.

On Saturday night Jared went to the UNO hockey game with my brother Tony so I was home alone with Caitlyn. Usually for her bedtime routine I get her changed in into her sleeper and Jared makes her bottle. Since he wasn't home I changed her like normal and then left her on her changing pad (on the floor) and went into the kitchen to make her bottle. When I went back into the room she had scooted her way down the changing pad (it has walls on the upper half) and rolled over onto the floor and scooted her way over to the wipes package and was chewing on it. Her room is baby safe except for the hardwood floors. So when she heard me come back into the room she rolled back over and bonked her head. I think it scared her more than anything - as soon as I picked her up she was fine. I was stunned that she figured out how to move around like this. If I hadn't been so freaked out I would have taken a picture! I guess it's one thing for her to do this in a wide open area - but to figure out her way around obstacles...she just amazes me everyday!

Last night we had a rough night. She woke up twice during the night and when she woke at 1 it took us an hour to get her back to sleep. Then she woke at 5:30 this morning...an hour before her normal wake up time. So when she woke up this morning I gave her a bottle and then laid her with Jared in bed. She was so cute trying to grab his face to get him to wake up and play! It was precious!

We had her 6 month checkup today. She weighs in at 14lbs 15oz (50th percentile), she's 26in (75th percentile) and her head measures 16 1/2 in (50th percentile). She got 3 shots and an oral vaccine today. She's growing at a perfect rate and the pediatrician had no concerns - she said we were doing wonderfully! We don't go back now until 9 months!

No comments: