Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Little Bit More....

I fall in love a little more everyday with our little girl! She's now grabbing my face with both hands and giving huge open mouth kisses. And she laughs while doing it. I LOVE IT! She's also hugging me and holding on and it just melts my heart!

Daddy is trying to take on some of her solids feedings when we get home at night so that I can work out. The first time he tried to feed her she just wanted to play...so she kept blowing raspberries and spitting it all out all over herself and daddy! She's getting better about it though. I tried to give her some Gerber puffs (they dissolve in her mouth) yesterday. I don't think she's quite ready for these yet. She can pick them up pretty good - but has no clue what to do from there. We tried putting them in her mouth for her and she pushes it out with her tongue and it gets stuck on her lips. It's fun to watch! We'll keep trying.


Last week we went out to dinner with Uncle Tony, Matt & Lisa. I was eating a pickle spear and Caitlyn was grabbing for it. I decided to let her taste it. Bad idea. I didn't think she would like it. Instead she LOVED it! She started chomping on it and I got scared. I was afraid she'd choke on the seeds - so I pulled it away. She threw her first fit out in public. She was not happy with mama!

Our little girl has her 1st two teeth! I went to pick her up from daycare a week ago and the teachers asked me when she got teeth? I was like "she has teeth"? I was totally surprised because earlier that week the pediatrician had said it didn't look like she was close to teething yet. Then a few days later she's got her two bottom ones. They didn't seem to bother her too much when they broke through. We have a little mesh feeder for her and I put an ice cube in there and she loves chewing on it. Regular teethers didn't do much for her - so I'm so happy that this works.

She's back to sleeping through the night for us. Knock on wood! She does wake between 6:30 and 7:00 even on the weekends now - but on the weekends if we give her a bottle she'll go back down for a couple of hours.

She's able to sit on her own for a few minutes at a time now - but still not consistently. She's rolling around to get places like crazy! Her favorite place to roll is towards the TV so that she can play with the door and buttons on the vcr!

She loves Zeus! She is mesmerized and he's so good about coming over and sitting nicely so that she can pet and pull on him! He does still love to give her kisses and she opens her mouth wide for this. It drives me crazy!

Time just goes by way too quickly. I can't believe it's the middle of March and our baby girl is 6 months old already.

No comments: