Tuesday, August 30, 2011

One More Week

One week from today (or possibly sooner) we'll get to meet our new little addition to our family.  We have a lot going on before then.  I decided to plan Caitlyn's birthday party prior to baby's arrival for a couple of reasons.  One I wanted her party to be all about her and not about her and the new baby.  Two I'm not sure how long it's going to take me to recuperate from the c-section.  Three I'm going to be sleep deprived with a newborn and thought it would be easier being sleep deprived from being pregnant instead!  So we're having a Disney Princess party on Saturday.  Aunt Bethy is making a castle cake...I can't wait.  Caitlyn picked having a strawberry cake.  Then after the party some people are staying to watch the first Nebraska game of the season and Beth and I are going to get pedicures...have to have one before delivery!  Then on Sunday I offered to watch Harrison so Beth and Josh can go out to dinner as a Thank You for watching Caitlyn while I'm in the hospital!  Monday is going to be a family day...just the 3 of us before it's 4 of us!  I'm thinking about taking Caitlyn to see her first movie at the dollar theater! 

Tuesday morning next week we have to be at the hospital at 5 in the morning.  C-section is scheduled for 7.  I'm getting really nervous about the c-section.  Things I've read and heard say that the 2nd one is easier to recuperate from.  That since your body isn't exhausted from laboring for 24 hours it heals more quickly.  But it's still major surgery and Caitlyn is a very active toddler who needs lots of attention. 

Caitlyn is transitioning to preschool this week.  Next Wednesday will be her first full day in the preschool room.  That's a lot changes going on in her life.  I'm a little worried...she loves going to the preschool room to visit but I don't think she full understands that starting next week she won't see Miss Ria any more.  She and Miss Ria have an awesome bond and I have a feeling when she figures out it's a permanent move that she's going to be sad about it.  Hopefully it doesn't last long.   While I'm on maternity leave she'll be going to preschool part time: Mon/Wed/Fri and staying home with us on Tues/Thurs.  I'm pretty excited about this!  Plus it saves us $50 a week in tuition!

So...lots of stuff going on.  Exciting and Terrifying all at the same time!

No comments: