Saturday, March 13, 2010

Here We Go Again!

So awhile ago I changed the name of this blog because I wanted to write about Jared and I as well as stories and milestones about Caitlyn. But I never got into the grove of writing about Jared and I. And I've been lacking with the Caitlyn stories as well! So I hope to be posting much more!

Jared and I have been talking about trying for #2 and it's getting pretty serious. For the longest time after Caitlyn was born when people asked when we were going to try for # 2 I would laugh and say never. I would joke that if we were to have another one we'd be getting a "Tony" (my brother). A child who doesn't sleep, and was a terror as a child! My dad jokes about this all the time. I was the perfect baby. I would sleep all night long almost from the moment they brought me home. I would wake up in the mornings and I would play in my crib until someone came to get me. I was laid back. I was potty trained by 18 months. Then Tony came along. I tell people that my daughter spoils me...not the other way around! Although she gets her fair share! She goes to bed at 7:30...sleeps through the night...and on the weekends usually sleeps until 9:00. She still takes 2-3 hour naps on the weekends in the afternoons. My girl can sleep! She's also pretty self sufficient. She can play on her own for periods of time or adjusts her play to whatever we may be doing around the house. It's awesome. So I worry that the next baby might not be as easy. But I'm to the point that that would be ok. That I wouldn't love that baby any less if he/she didn't sleep through the night. Or kept me on my toes a little more. So we are ready to start this journey again.

Last week I had my blood drawn to test my progesterone. The test came back border line and Dr. N said he thought that we'd need assistance again to get pregnant. So I called the fertility clinic and made an appointment with Dr. M for June. I could have made an appointment with her partner for April. I had started out with Dr. R the first time we were at the clinic. After my MC though I switched to Dr. M and I felt a connection. So I feel that it's worth the wait to be able to see her. Since it's been over a year since I've been seen we're basically starting from scratch. I'm hoping the journey towards # 2 is much shorter than our journey for Caitlyn. But Caitlyn was worth the heartache and the wait and # 2 will be as well.

I really debated about writing about this on this blog. But I figure I'm like an open book anyway. Most people knew / know what we went through with Caitlyn and we can use all the support we can get from family / friends! Plus writing has always helped me process information as well. I don't see how I could go wrong!

No comments: