Saturday, June 14, 2008

Mini Updates!

A couple of weeks ago we were able to pick up the crib (Thanks Grandpa Jansen!) and Jared put it together pretty quickly...I was very impressed! We keep talking about getting the paint and painting the nursery. We know the color we want to paint in there, it's just having the motivation to go get the paint and actually getting it done! Motivation for me is very hard to come by these days. And Jared has such a long list of things he wants to get done with the house, and the yard, and the baby that he's very overwhelmed and doesn't know where to start. I probably don't help the situation much! I told him all he can do is take it a day at a time, eventually it will all get done!

I've been feeling her move a lot more lately. I still don't feel her a lot during the day when I'm at work. Jared has only felt her once, but it was priceless. She still shy's away when people put their hands on my stomach, so Jared has been the only one that has felt her besides me so far. I am just mesmerized when she's moving and I can see my stomach move from the outside. It's really freaky!

Little Complaints: I have not slept well since the first few weeks in my pregnancy. I get up at least twice a night to pee and then usually toss and turn the rest of the night. A good night is when I sleep until 3 before I have to get up and pee! I have pretty bad heartburn and acid reflux. Tums helps for the most part, but if I eat something really spicy there is no relief. I also have restless leg syndrome pretty badly. The Dr. tells me walking will help...I think it makes it worse. But overall my pregnancy has been wonderful so far! These really are little complaints and I wouldn't trade them for the world right now! My thought is that I want to document all the good and bad things so that some day when Caitlyn is expecting her little one she can reference this and know the things I felt and the timing for when things happened.

The 3rd trimester exhaustion set back in a couple weeks early! I was hoping to have a couple more weeks of having a little bit of energy, but it creeped back up on me. This is why my motivation is so lacking.

I should have another update this week...my next Dr. appt is on Monday! After that appt I believe I graduate to every 2 weeks for appts.

No comments: