Saturday, June 21, 2008

28 Week Appt

So I had my appt on Monday and it was pretty uneventful. I've been having back pain so we talked about that. The Dr. felt my back and told me he thought it was muscle tension and that I should do more stretching to help ease the pain. Apparently back pain is very common in the 3rd trimester and there's not a whole lot you can do to relieve the pain. We listened to the heartbeat and it was in the 150's. The # on the scale scared me a little bit. I wish I wasn't so concerned about the amount of weight I gain during this pregnancy. But for someone who has always battled with her weight that's just an impossible feat. It doesn't help that I've been extra sensitive lately and feeling a little down in the dumps. Since I've always been an emotional eater....this has not helped my cause at all. So I've got to try to watch what I eat a little more closely...especially the ice cream consumption! The Dr. didn't seem concerned about the weight gain since he didn't mention it. And I know that he is a Dr. that would mention it if it was of concern as we've talked about this before. So for now I just need to try to not dwell on the # and watch what I eat and try to get a little exercise in as well.

I finally signed us up for our birthing classes. It's a 6 week class and because I am such a procrastinator our first class is on July 31st and our last class will be on Sept. 4th. Hopefully she stays put until after the last class! (Sorry Kimmie and Christy!) Some people have said these classes are a waste of time and others have found them helpful. I figured I needed to find out for myself. In 6 classes you'd think I'd learn something I don't already know!

Hopefully by my next post I'll have gotten Jared to paint the nursery and I can post some pictures!

1 comment:

cweez said...

First of all....love the shirt!!! Such great taste. And I still want that baby to come while we are there. Birthing class or not!! Anyways, when I was pregnant with Jenna I signed up for that class, made it to the first week's class, and she decided she wanted out the following week. So I'm sure Caitlyn will have the same idea!!!