Monday, March 14, 2011

1st Trimester Update

We did our 3rd IUI in December. I tested on NYE and it was positive! I was in a little bit of shock! I didn't have any bleeding or cramping this time around which I was thankful for. I did have 24/7 nausea for about 6 or 7 weeks. It was horrible. I would come home from work and basically go strait to bed. Jared would take care of Caitlyn then after dinner / bath she'd come in and cuddle with me and watch cartoons. That's how we functioned during this time. We had our first u/s on January 21st at about 7 weeks with Dr. Macklin's office. The heartbeat measured at about 147 bpm. Our second u/s was February 1st with Dr. Nudity and the heartbeat measured at 176 bpm at this appt. There is a myth about the rate of the heartbeat and if it's a boy or girl. If the heartbeat is slower than it's a boy and faster it's a girl. Caitlyn's was always higher in the 170's. So when the heartbeat was slower at the first appt I was sure it was a boy! Of course this baby is going to keep us on our toes! We had our 3rd u/s on March 3rd and the heartbeat went up again. I can't remember the exact number as I didn't write it down right away but it was in the high 160's. Everything is looking really good and progressing as it should! I started wearing maternity pants between weeks 9 & 10. They were just so much more comfortable. And I'm mostly wearing maternity tops now as well. We're in our 14th week and everything is just going like clock work! I'm feeling much better although I'm tired and exhausted at night. By the time Caitlyn goes to bed I'm not far behind her. And I'm usually sleeping by about 9 or 9:30. Everyone thinks we're having a boy. And I kind of feel like that too but not as strongly as I felt we were having a girl when I was pregnant with Caitlyn. We can't agree on a boys name. Of course we have a girls name picked out. Why are boys names harder?







Over all I'm feeling really good and things are looking great! I have my next appt on March 31st. Will have another pregnancy update then!

No comments: