Friday, September 4, 2009

Changes...

So much has been happening and so much more to come in the next couple of weeks! I have notes of different blog titles I wanted to write...but not enough time to put the thoughts down on paper. So another looonnnngggg post with many updates!

Infant Room 2: Caitlyn moved into infant room 2 the same week she got hand foot and mouth. Her transition went pretty smoothly. They have toys more age appropriate in this room. She was getting bored with the little babies. She was ready for this move! The biggest upset when moving was her naps. She was pretty much refusing to nap. I didn't understand. The girl can sleep....what was up? Too much happening. She didn't want to miss anything. Totally understand that! Otherwise she's loving being in the new room. She loves her teachers in the new room. All is well!!!

Stranger Danger: A few weeks ago she started being afraid of almost everyone. Even people that she sees 3 or 4 times a week. It was weird. I really thought we were going to pass that stage. The first time it happened we were out to brunch with my family. Aunt Beth was holding her and she tried to pass her off to my uncle. I wasn't watching this happen but Aunt Beth says that mid way through the pass off her face changed. Next thing I know she's screaming and crying uncontrollably. I'm standing right in front of her, talking to her. But she won't open her eyes to see me. She won't stop crying. I had to take her to calm her down. She's getting better already. The phase isn't lasting long - hopefully we pass it and it never comes back!

Sickness: This last week she got a cold and a bacterial infection in both her eyes. Monday I had to stay home with her. The nurse called in eye drops. (thank you for not making us come in...you saved us $120)! Aunt Beth came over to help administer the eye drops since Jared was at work. I wasn't thinking it was going to be a horrible experience. But she was feeling bad enough that she let me pry her eye open and put drops in both eyes. Monday night also went well. Tuesday morning...she was feeling better and was not having drops put into her eyes. I couldn't even pry them open. So I put the drops in the corners of her closed eyes and waited for her to open them hoping some would blink in. Today is the last day of eye drops. Her eyes look so much better!

Healthy Eating: I want to teach Caitlyn healthy eating habits. Which in turn should help Jared and I eat healthier as well. I have struggled with my weight since my sophomore year in high school. It is a battle sometimes I feel I will never overcome. I don't want that for Caitlyn. Hopefully she will have Jared's metabolism...but that is not a guarantee. And even with a high metabolism she still should have healthy eating habits and be active so she is healthy over all. I'm learning to include more and more vegetables. And so far she loves them all. Her favorite though at the moment is fresh cucumbers from Grandpa Rich's garden. Yummy! She also really enjoyed Grandma Kendy's zucchini brownies. Next year I want to plant my own garden. We just have to find the right spot in our yard. Last night we grilled a sweet potato for her. She ate a few bites and then started flinging it everywhere. The dog was having a hay day chasing after it all. At least I didn't have to clean it up! If anyone has healthy recipes they'd like to share...please do!

Coming soon...Caitlyn's first birthday. I can't believe it's been a year already. Time is moving way to fast.

No comments: